Burning the candle at both ends since 1982.

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Attention Black Friday Shoppers

I am that girl that gets up at a very unreasonable hour the day after Thanksgiving to grab much-needed Starbucks and then fight my way through the mall. My name is Brianne, and I'm a Black Friday shopper.

This is not necessarily because I'm aware of any great deals or really need to get my holiday shopping done. I just love feeding into the crazy madness and seeing all those bloodshot people, tired from all the tryptophan, lunging for cheap electronics. I sit back with my Peppermint Mocha and laugh at the ensuing chaos.

So imagine my surprise when I found out there was an entire blog dedicated to Black Friday deals and ads! There are literally message boards lovingly referring to Black Friday as "BF" (hey! it's an acronym not just for your boyfriend!) and threads about everything from being pregnant on Black Friday to a drunk poster asking why beer companies don't participate in post-Thanksgiving discounts. You can even sign up for "Black Friday Ads Mobile." Wow, this is almost like Facebook. Can you "poke" people, too?

One user who is a certified "Black Friday Pro," is going to share all of her November 23 shopping experiences live via webcast at http://bf2k7.fundies.org/. And it looks like a journalist from the board is including her in the article about Black Friday for an New York-based newspaper. She said she'll post the story once she's done with it - I am really curious how it will turn out. Even Gizmodo likes this site.

So for those of you who haven't found a favorite hobby or sport, maybe you should take up "Black Friday Shopping." You could buy really cheap holiday gifts and parlay it into some Internet fame.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sister! how has this passed you by?? I have been doing my research for almost a month, even posted once on BFads.net. unlike you, I do BF from the comfort of my home via cyberworld. however I may venture out this year....