Burning the candle at both ends since 1982.

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Shabby Chic, Literally

There are many things I will not do. I will not buy a perfume made by Paris Hilton. I will not put garbanzo beans on my salad. And I will not live in a trailer park...or would I?

For most of my adult life, I've thought the idea of inhabiting a trailer park might be one of the least desirable housing options possible. However, I'm having second thoughts after knowing of a chic couple who bought a doublewide in Malibu, Calif., and after seeing this Shabby Chic-inspired version.


I tend to enjoy a tad more color than we're seeing here, but this 2,016-square-foot residence has got to win the Best Doublewide O' the Year Award. The Kentucky mobile home was featured in Country Living, that has to mean something. I really love all the distressed wood and the black/white, somewhat Parisian theme. I'm actually really surprised the construction of this mobile home can support some intense-looking wall mounts...all the more power to these antique enthusiasts, though!
Really beats plastic yard flamingos and TV trays, eh?

No comments: