Burning the candle at both ends since 1982.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007



So my first experience with the Long Beach Airport was laughable. Yes, it's just "Long Beach Airport," there's no "International" anywhere in there. Trust me, I looked. As you can see, the main terminal resembles a cross pollination of a navy ship and high schools I played water polo in throughout Orange County.

This was where I deigned to have sushi at 10:00 a.m. (I was hungry and it was that or muffins that look like they'd been previously fondled.) However, I didn't feel so bad because two plastic looking women were enjoying a nice glass of Chardonnay at about this time. The things that really killed me about this airport are:

a) They play Rod Stewart over the crackly intercom like it's going out of style

b) I can see my plane...but for some reason, I can't board it for two more hours

c) The parking structure is so small there is no rhyme or reason...no level names, no lot numbers. Just "hey I think I parked on level 2 about 5 days ago...let's trudge over to that spot and see."

But it really was worth flying out of this piss ant airport to fly jetBlue. Seriously, that airline is so much more superior to others. Me being the map dork I am, I forgo ed much-needed sleep in favor of watching the live Google Map on the back of my seat. We're over Denver! Now we're over Iowa! Chicago! Detroit! I took pictures to document this monumental occasion of flying 30,000 feet above areas that are flat and have nothing to show for themselves at that elevation. Sorry - great cities! Just not from a bird's eye view.

I am currently in New York and will be back in the OC for Halloween. Hopefully they'll be some carving of pumpkins and lazing on the sofa tomorrow. However, I will miss the hustle bustle of New York. My shoulders will not though...40 pound laptop bag + subway rides = I need a chiropractor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

do any of your friends read this crap?? ;) thanks for sharing that you had this blog.... maybe now I can see what's going on with you.