Burning the candle at both ends since 1982.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

I have a couple new friends I'd like you to meet. Every now and then I stumble upon a site that catches my eye and it instantly goes to my bookmarks.

The following goodies definitely meet that criteria.

I discovered the Evite blog while revising my birthday invitation for the fourth time in a row. (Clever enough? Not yet!) There are some interesting party and food ideas and I have to say I very much enjoyed the blood mary concoction tips. Better yet, they suggest hosting a Bloody Mary Bar at your next Sunday football gathering..."Sunday, Bloody Sunday"...get it?

However, I do not recommend the Cupcakes and Cocktails party they're touting. I tried it for my 24th birthday soiree, and we were so sugared out within an hour that I just wanted a cup of water.

And then for those who love to DIY, I really like Design*Sponge. 99.9 percent of these ideas will never come to fruition in my household, but I can still read about them and feel good about that. These library tips are very Domino Magazine and I love that they pointed me in the direction of these adorable, affordable prints.

This project, 20x200, produces new art every week at different price points. The smallest pieces are 11" x 8.5" and are $20 a pop. New work goes up every Tuesday and Wednesday at 2:00 p.m. EST, so I'm guessing the crop I'm looking at right now is fairly new. I'm really into this birdy and remnants of revelry in Brooklyn.
They're also very cute and break down design trends for you so you don't have to figure it out on your own. They seem to really heart Anthropologie. As do I!

No comments: