Burning the candle at both ends since 1982.

Monday, January 21, 2008

Coachella will be hot

As a teenager, the Coachella/Indio region held not much excitement for me.


Save for the restaurant, "EAT," that made for good people watching and doubled as a shower station and knife-sharpening haven for scary truck drivers, I viewed this desert spot as merely a means to get to Lake Havasu without starving. Just a stop on the itinerary.

Well, thanks to the lovely line-up announced today for the "Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival," Indio will definitely be a destination for me this April.

I'll be hitting the 10 East out there on Saturday, April 26, to see Hot Chip, M.I.A., Rilo Kiley and New Young Pony Club - and to sweat buckets. Join me in the revelry.

1 comment:

maude said...

oh man...i've gone for the past 3 years, and it's my favorite thing. definitely camp! hopefully i will be there too, if i can convince my husband i NEED to go.

p.s. i checked your blog this minute because i thought you might have blogged about heath ledger. isn't it great that i check your blog for up-to-the-minute accounts of important things?