Burning the candle at both ends since 1982.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I heart d*s

Apparently, I'm on a blog-posting roll today.
Last one, seemingly dedicated only to my love of Design*Sponge...how I love thee...let me count the ways.

No one else can make me feel giddy about ottomans and existentially happy about rocking chairs. If you're not reading, start. It will get you going on that early-in-the-year feeling that you're finally going to make your abode say something about yourself. Personally, my two-story Irvine suburban condo is saying "Brianne really likes plain walls" but I'm resigned to it, successfully convincing myself it's that white-washed shabby chic thing.

d*s is home to many a great idea. Grace Bonney and her team seem to scan the universe of shelter mags and blogs that results in a superbly edited collection of cuteness. If you're feeling crafty, check out their DIY section. Don't miss their weekly wrap-up post if you're pressed for time. And if you're traveling to a new city soon, check out their plentiful city design guides. Here come some random d*s photos just to get you going....enjoy!

my friend megan would dig this.
she specializes in loving adorable flowers in small bowls.


is that peony wallpaper? love the lamp.

this console-as-a-desk makes me want a laptop, real bad.


shall i ever get a ginormous collection of books and a non-working fireplace,

this will be the look for me.


cat + anthropologie-like bedding = a good time to me


i have a similar yellow/pink/green combo

in my room, and it seems to work.

No comments: