Burning the candle at both ends since 1982.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Dwell Studio lands at Tarjay

So, I have one more reason to love Target, or shall I say Tar-jay. Not good news, since I consider it a small act of God if I get out of there under $50. Anyway, they've just recently started to carry Dwell Studio bedding, baby bedroom gear and kitchen stuff! There's not too much fanfare on Target's site, but a few bloggies are liking the goods. I've kind of always associated Dwell with hipster modern mommies with good taste and the Target line doesn't seem to sway too far away from that.

I really like the table linens since they look sturdy enough for every day use (they're 100% cotton) and they're not that expensive. They also have reversible placemats for only $4. That's the cost of one grande skinny vanilla latte at Starbucks! If I wasn't on a self imposed home decor buying freeze, I'd definitely pick up the taupe and cream kitchen towels ($5) you see below here.


















I have a mild obsession with chocolate brown + baby pink, so the crib set below ($80) is definitely adorable to me. I like that it's girly but not overly saccharine sweet like a lot of baby girl bedding can be. Not like I've been shopping for that or anything...just a random observation!

















I also think the Dwell Studio bedding looks pretty cool. Even just the accent pillows and shams might be cool to mix up your bedding you already have, like with this guy or this guy. I noticed that the original Dwell bedding is actually very similar to the Tarjay line. Check out the original Dwell bedding called "Talon" below (left) in comparison to the Target version called "Baroque" (right.) They're a little bit different, but the execution is still the same. (Ah, side note - is this baroque/damask thing not out of style yet? Good, because I like it and my dishes don't need to be passe.)



















No comments: