Burning the candle at both ends since 1982.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

New(-ish) footage from SATC: The Movie

Ladies, get ready! Sex and the City: The Movie debuts in just a mere 94 days!

Apologies. I have truly been off my game reporting on this cultural event set for May 30, 2008. Without further adieu, it's incumbent upon me to share with you the extended trailer for the movie.

Aaaand...I'm a little sad to report that it seems like this movie will be serving us endless fairy tales gone bad. I know certain die-hard SATC fans would get pissed, but weren't all the girls supposed to end up happy in the end? We can't have watched six seasons of Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda go through gut-wrenching breakups just to see them ultimately fail in love altogether.

It's open to interpretation, but it seems like everyone but Charlotte is getting the raw end of the deal. Review the trailer and let me know what you think. And check out some stills from Jezebel if this YouTube video gets taken down. By the way, I feel like the movie is really showing its cards on this trailer - let's hope Darren Star and Michael Patrick King have something up their sleeves. (I just unknowingly made a ton of cliches related to poker. Deal? Cards? Sleeve? Horrible.)



May is really proving to be battle of the dorky movie camp out, since the boys get Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and the girls get SATC: The Movie. Do you think people will go all out, a la Star Wars or LOTR? If not, I will be in line, alone. Scaring small children.

1 comment:

dgeb said...

I'll stand in line with you!!!