Burning the candle at both ends since 1982.

Friday, September 21, 2007

I love a good ribbing of a PR pitch, because it reminds me every day that what I do can not only be mocked by bored journalists - they can post it on a blog and the masses can make fun of my work!

So in that spirit, poor KFC made the mistake of extending an offer....or a fried chicken thigh... to the reportedly expecting Jennifer Lopez. The president offered her and her "entourage" an after party for her upcoming tour that might even be canceled due to her supposed bun in the oven. The Seattle Post-Intelligencer calls that the "greasiest, lamest after-party ever." Tres harsh!

I feel for KFC right now because I know that quite a few restaurant groups practice the art of creating relationships with VIPS...I know this because I've had to send out the VIP cards.

They're getting ripped for writing creatively, which is sort of sad....there is quite a bit on Google News about this today and Jossip definitely gave their two cents. Even freaking Reuters a bit on this...cmon people, is there not anything else to write about this week? If not, I've got like four pitches for ya if you're interested...and high-res images...

No comments: